Friday, October 06, 2006

Yours truly....

Some recent updates:



I discovered that having a fever makes me look sleepy. I’ve had at least five people coming up to me and smirking “Feeling sleepy, are you?” when I was perfectly wide awake and in my (right) senses. Or it could be that I look so good in my new jeans and top....and my new hairstyle, (I almost forgot to add this) that (sadistic) people are bent on finding some fault with me. Well.....(my) experience sayz that thou cannot encounter more than five sadistic people in a row in a single day. So..........



Since I’ve mentioned my new hairstyle, I have to say a few words about it – all the three (ya...you heard it right – it is three) hair-stylists shocked me by complimenting on the texture of my hair. Now I’ve got to think not only about reducing my tummy but maintaining the texture of my hair as well. First three, then five – are we playing a numbers’ game out here?



I’ve realized a few profound things – no matter how friendly, caring, frank, understanding, considerate, sensitive, willing-to-devote-time-ish, faithful, truthful, helpful I am to (a few select) people, I would be obnoxiously ungrateful to expect the same from them. I’ve got to stop ‘unburdening’ a few things on my (ahem) friends because after all, I am the best judge of things. So why discuss things with people in confidence? Such a waste of (their) time and (my) energy. And I’ve got to learn to keep my big mouth shut even if it means not boring them with what’s (supposedly) good for them. For all I know, the cold and calculating creature that I am, I may be actually hurting their sentiments. Scandalous of me, indeed.......



“Thou shall not expect people to spend time with thyself”. Seriously....time is really a precious commodity. Why waste it over (of all things) moi? Besides, there are more important things in life than spending quality(?) time with people who have qualified as friends. Relationships......well.....the ropes could be picked up from where they were left stranded. How very simple...and I'm such an twerp to realize it this late in life.



Besides, I have got to accept answers as intellectual as “I don’t now” in response my (apparently disturbing) questions because it’s their life and they know it best. They have every right to remain silent. Aakhir unki privacy naam ki bhi koi cheez hoti hai, hai na? My life is an open book anyway...... to be drawn, quartered and hung in public.



Phew......I've run out of steam...and excuses. That done, pray for me that I can sleep soundly here onwards.


23 comments:

Sujit said...

oh! man.. you realized a lot of things and trying to act based on those realizations except your new hair style.. thats good!...

But, when you say freinds how would the boring and not spending time come into picture!... if these words come then you guys were never freinds.. its only one person though the other is a freind?.. or is it that you speak the same things again and agin.. that they get bored?

so had a peacefull sleep?

Junius said...

oh no! u had a hair'cut'!(sigh!)
very sad indeed...chuk..
what that chinese lady(with loong hair) will think next time she comes to india...?...

Avinash said...

bitta koodlige katri?.. you chatri.. :D

Chitra said...

-/Sujit
Ya..ya..and ya..and as to the last part...sighhhh...not yet - too many mosquitoes you see...

-/Endevourme
She'll compliment me as everybody else have been doing :)!

-/Avi
Tee hee....soooper commentu! Sakkath nagu banthu. Now I have to meet you in person.. :)

Sujit said...

but the steam out of your head should have made them to go out, right?... did you close your windown :p..?

Anonymous said...

new jeans and top and new hair style....? photo please ;-)

regd the rest of the things, imagine that others might be feeling the same things about you.

Chitra said...

-/Sujit
Mosquitoes are immune to steam...

-/RK
Phuto? (nose-up-in-the-air-expression) It's only for the priviliged :)! And as to the rest, well....I really admire their patience.

Junius said...

mmm...but...but that happens to everyone naa...
u c somebuddy comes someday with a new hairstyle...
even if it looks bad we never say so,,...isnt it?

Sujit said...

or may be they very happy with your warm presence .. hehe

Vik said...

it was not "first three, then five".. but may be u r reffering to the real sequence of happenings!

those (bracketed) phrases are a nice spicy added flavour..

Chitra said...

-/Endevourme
Depends...that's the difference between critics and friends.

-/Sujit
Nope...my blood's not at all tasty.

-/Intro
Perhaps...and thanks!

Sujit said...

oh! :O.. you tasted your own blood!.. oh! man.. you are abcdef!. hehe!..

Today watched DOR.. online.. very nice movie!.. nimma review ge sariyagide!..:)

Jay said...

Shanti ... Shanti .... Shanti !

Chitra said...

-/Sujit
Somethings don't have to be tried and tested. They can simply be concluded :).

-/Jay
Ya..right..but where?

Avinash said...

hahaha... me kinda stuck in work. :(.. lets see when time permits..

Sujit said...

conclusion..concluded :).. unable to pull strings.. to other end :(..hehe..

Chitra said...

-/Avi
Sure!

-/Sujit
So, how was Dor?

Sujit said...

Dor is nice!.. but many may not like.. as the movie is slow moving..!.. but very nicly picturuzed!.. like every character plays a role!.. is some manner or the other!.. and the plots are nice!.. nice songs!.. and the two major lady actors perform quite well!

Chitra said...

-/Dor
Ha ha time to say "I told you na.."

Sujit said...

yup very much!.. after your post only though of watching.. else.. I don;t even know what happening...!.. you seem to lost in thoughts?

Sujit said...

bisi?

Sujit said...

happy deepavali..

Chitra said...

Hey..thanks..and hope it's not too late to wish you the same.