I promise that I will surely write a post on what I felt...am feeling... when I saw so many mails and messages pouring in for my secolo. Thanks...and thanks! I cannot convey anything more than this...At present, I am still on clound seven, riding on all that euphoria associated with this. When I come down (hopefully not with a crash), I will concentrate on the real-world. Until then........
After a leisurely tea with JV, I was on my way to the bus-stop when I ran into one of my bus mates. As I stopped to chat with her, she revealed (with a sad smile) that even though she wanted to go home, there was something more pressing on her mind – she was on her way to gym! I gave my big (customary) smile to which she promptly responded, “Not everyone is as lucky as you. It’s been almost a year since I have known you and you have only reduced instead of putting on weight. Oh man, I envy you”. The last few words were put forth so feverently that I could only laugh at that back-handed compliment :) !!
So today, in this post, I shall be doing a biiiiiiiiiiggg favour by sharing some (googly) tips which can help you .....well.....if not reduce, then maintain weight. Auunnnndddd, (with a big flourish of curtains) here they are:
- Work in
. The traffic jams in ‘the IT center of Bangalore ’ keep you on your toes to reach work early and leave for home late. With so much ‘productive’ hours put in, what more can your boss want? India
- Plan in advance as to what you would do during the next fortnight’s weekend.
- Think positive. Realistically speaking, I know that under some circumstances it’s not possible. But (as always) there’s a solution (trust me :)) - keep chanting “Idle mind is a devil’s workshop” until you think of something sane and ya.....positive :)!!
- Try to enjoy the simple things in life. It can be a fond remembrance of a loved one, or twittering of birds on a Monday morning (gyaaaaaaahhhh), or a pleasant conversation with someone, or a strenuous round of tennis, or simply wallowing in serene silence......every person has their own way of reliving pressures – go ahead and discover it. You never know how much weight is lifted off your shoulders.... :)!
- As and when you have the opportunity, walk/cycle instead of using your vehicle. Personally, I feel walk combined with solitude actually helps me come to grips with a lot of wandering thoughts. It’s an added bonus that it’s a recommended form of exercise as well. And I make sure that I leave my mobile behind during such escapades :)!
- Think......think......and think. But don’t let the thoughts take the gigantic form of worry. I am often accused of thinking a lot. But then, I really cannot help it – I have a mind, so I have an opinion.
- Enjoy what you eat. This is with special reference to all those people who diet drastically in order to reduce. If they are tempted with something as nice and crisp as South-Indian vada, and they do relent enough to eat it but with so many cribs and misgivings that the air turns blue with it, pulllllleeeeeeeezzzzzzzz......we earn a nice fat package at the end of every month to cater to our basic instinct of survival.....and how can you not do that by feeding yourself, eh?
- A good sense of humour always helps. Psssst.....mine has touted to be one of the best by Aki. However, I have to clarify if she was being sarcastic.
- Discover yourself. Believe me, this could be classified as one never-ending activity! I thought that I knew myself pretty well until I did something that was totally unexpected from my side, something that I never believed I was capable of. And ya, the result was out for all those observant people to see ........(melancholy smile).
- And ya......fall in......and out of love at least once in a blue moon :). You need to do all the above-listed things plus much more to ‘recuperate’.
So........er......I think I have said enough.........